Banner

MENU Buttons

Monday, January 28, 2013

I shoot cancer in the face. | Giving back in Houston, TX


I have just been accepted by the Magic Hour Foundation to be included in a national network of professional photographers who provide photography sessions for cancer patients and survivors.  These charitable portrait sessions will allow individuals and families to be normal - to relax, smile, and have fun with loved ones, even if just for a few hours.

I have been touched by cancer in so many ways - my mother, my brother-in-law, my grandfather, my aunt-in-law, and on and on...countless friends and relatives.  I am honored to be invited into this network of people dedicated to documenting the love, humanity, struggling, sharing, giving, and celebrating of those facing cancer.

"Magic Hour refers to the half hour at the beginning and ending of each day as the sun transitions and casts a golden yellow glow. It is light at its most beautiful and photographers will wait to capture it. Our recipients are in the magic hours of their lives - some are transitioning out of life on this earth and we aim to capture their beauty and preserve it for their families. Some have overcome and are transitioning into a life with more clarity and purpose, disease-free. We want all cancer warriors to have the opportunity to remember how beautiful they are and how poignant this time is in their life and the lives of their families - free of charge and free of complication."

Here is the website for more information or if you would like to make a donation.
http://www.magichourfoundation.org/